All the neighborhood children would sprint down the street toward the truck, waiving their dollars for a frosted popsicle that gave them relaxing chills in the Texas summer heat.
Oh, the refreshment felt after enjoying a sweet, cool sensation on your tongue!
Share the sensation with you pup using this delicious and easy to make pupsicle recipe the entire pack will enjoy. The best part is this treat only contains three healthy ingredients.
Tropical Pupsicle Ingredients:
- 1 Banana
- 6oz container of plain yogurt (or Greek yogurt)
- ½ cup of coconut water
You’re also going to need Styrofoam or paper Dixie cups to make this treat.
Tropical Pupsicle directions:
- Mash the banana in a bowl
- Stir in yogurt and coconut water until fairly smooth
- Fill cups slightly above halfway with yogurt mixture
- Place cups in freezer for 4 hours or until solid
- Peel paper cup or Styrofoam from tropical island pupsicle
- Place pupsicle in dog bowl and enjoy!
You’ll notice the main ingredient in this pupsicle is yogurt, which provides important probiotics that benefit the dog’s immune and digestive systems. Plus, it’s tasty — making it a win-win situation! You might want to try a few licks yourself! Don’t worry, we won’t judge you.
Loaded with fiber and low in cholesterol, bananas are a great add-in to liven up any doggy diet. However, bananas are also high in natural sugars that should be consumed in moderation.
It’s important to keep your dog cool, but also hydrated so follow up this treat with a bowl full of water.
Do you dig it?